Saturday 2 May 2009

While going through blog land I came across a blog Dare U 2 Digi Stamp. I am a big fan of all methods of stamping and I love the fact that digi stamps can be resized to however big or small you want your image without losing the pixels and also you dont have to wait for the mail man to bring your stamp - you get it right away!

This weeks challenge is a sketch. I have used pretty head Rachel from the Greeting Farm. The black and white paper I had free with papercraft essentials magazine, black ribbon from my stash, red and silver cardstock, white gel pen for some faux stitching, and the flower in her hair made with my woodware daisy punches. I have watercoloured the image with pencils and given her some sparkling eye lids with Kirsten Lapping Designs glitter. The sentiment is a fabric topper which I picked up in a pound shop.


9 comments:

Sandra said...

Hi Jean....brilliant card,love this image and lovely colour scheme,great take on the sketch,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Have a lovely weekend
Take care
San x

Ellibelle said...

This is gorgeous. Love that image and the colors are perfect for the image.

Larissa said...

Great card. This is one of my favorite color combinations!
Love the designpaper and the image is really nice.
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS
Hugs,
Larissa

Michelle said...

What a fab card Jean, a great image and I love her eye shadow. How did you cut the circles, with scissors??
Thanks for playing along with us at DU2DS this week
x Michelle

Jean Peters said...

thanks for the comments girls! I do love this image and it lends its self to so many colour schemes. Yes Michelle - I did cut out the circles with my scissors - I basically markered two pointers where I wanted the circle to start and finish at and then cut it in a circular shape - not bad for free hand.

Chris said...

A great card Jean and I love the image you used, very glam! Great colour scheme and use of the sketch too. Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Sandra said...

Great card Jean. Very striking colour combo...just perfect for your image. Thanks for taking on this weeks 'Dare'
Sandra x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great use of the sketch - love the colours. A very striking card.