Thursday 11 August 2011

The past two weeks have past in a rush since we broke up for the summer holidays. We we able to catch up with our family who we hadn't seen for five years........and it was wonderful. Many nights of chatting until late over numerous cups of tea (which I don't drink)!!!

I am slowly finding my way around my craft stuff and finding my way around some of my favourite blogs online......only to see more nice things which I can only add to my wish list!!

This weeks challenge from Cupcake Craft Challenges is Sew Mad - Stitching either real or faux!! The youngest son had a birthday party to attend so it was the perfect opportunity to use Birgitta from All that Scraps for this card. I have coloured her using promarkers and some finishing touches with a white gel ink pen, the papers came free with Papercraft Essentials Magazine, the brick wall cardstock is Kanban (found in stash), and the sentiment is a digi download....but I didn't save the link where I got it so it remains nameless for the moment. The lace is from the local embroidery shop. Oh and my stitching faux of course....the sewing machine is still on the wishlist!!!


Inside with a mini Birgitta and handwritten sentiment.


Chocolate Cupcakes with a Belgian Chocolate Wave and a Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Mint Crisp.


3 comments:

Brodders said...

A wonderful card Jean :) Love the cakes Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck. Jane x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Jean, what a gorgeous card. I love the sweet image and your stitching looks amazing. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Shelly said...

Hi Jean! Great card, lovely colours and fab stitching! Oh and those cupcakes look so yummy! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Shelly :)