Tuesday 23 August 2011

Today its dull and gloomy, and a perfect day to be at home! The boys are busy doing their little projects - oldest son practicing music for his forthcoming performance and the little one has hijacked the pegs, some of my papers and sellotape and making puppets!! The challenge over on Stamp Something this week is to create a thank you something! I have made this thank you card using an Elisabeth Bell stamp which I had from Funky Kits a long time ago, coloured with my trusty promarkers, red cardstock from Crafters companion and these gorgeous background papers from Nitwits Cherry collection. The lace comes from a local haberdashery shop, which I must admit manages to make me go weak at the knees when I go there and behave like a child in a candy shop!!




Vanilla Sponge, with Swiss meringue buttercream and raspberry conserve, wrapped in
Belgian Chocolate Paste and topped with fresh raspberries!

These were so yummy. I have a tin in which I bake these individual rounds of sponge cake. I split them in two and filled them with some raspberry conserve and a little swiss meringue buttercream. The buttercream was also spread around the outside to hold the belgian chocolate paste in place. A piping of swiss meringue on the top and these local fresh raspberries, and they vanished from the kitchen within minutes!




2 comments:

Spyder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Spyder said...

ohoo the card is lovely but I have to say those little chocolate treats look even better!! Fabulous pictures

(Lyn)

Thank you for the cup cake link, I've just downloaded it. I'm going to start on a cup cake card!
(try saying that fast three times!)

sorry my brain (sometimes called Brian, because I can't spell) types the wrong word!

23 August 2011 15:00